Here comes something vegan for rainy and cold summer days.
Inspired by 101 Cookbooks – Leek soup I pulled the witch kettle out of the cupboard, sliced, frizzled and eventually brew some soup. Without frog legs, because it is vegan.
I mostly followed the original recipe but tweaked a little bit here and there to simplify the whole process – I am such a lazy witch – and added a personal touch aka get rid of the butter and more spices.
1. I exchanged the butter for oil (because I avoid diaries)
2. I cut the potatoes in tiny slices so I did not need to mash them.
3. I added the broth together with the potatoes because scraping the bottom of the pan is simply annoying and requires too much attention.
4. I added caraway seeds and ground pepper.
5. No almonds and no cheese on top.
Enjoy this soup with toasted bread. Rub garlic on it’s surface and drip a little olive oil. Delicious.
Now grab your blanket and enjoy a book.